QUALIFICATIONS FOR NOMINATION FOR THE WUERFFEL TROPHY
COLLEGE FOOTBALL’S AWARD FOR COMMUNITY SERVICE
- The nominee must have sustained, measurable and documented community service submitted, along with a university contact to verify the submission.
- Community service may be local, statewide, national or international.
- The most heavily weighted of the 3 criteria that the national selection committee reviews, Community Service constitutes 50% or more of the committee’s decision when voting.
- 1st team player and/or major contributor
- Additional consideration to those that have been voted All Conference/All American.
- On the field performance constitutes up to 25% of the committee’s voting decision.
- A grade point average of 3.0 is preferred for nomination, although lower GPAs are still given consideration.
- Additional weight may be given based upon college, major field of study, etc.
- Academics constitutes up to 25% of the committee’s voting decision.